McManus Kearney is one of the leading firms of solicitors in Northern Ireland who specialise in personal bankruptcy and insolvency. Our senior partner Mary Frances Kearney has been a licensed insolvency practitioner for over 15 years and has extensive experience in all aspects of personal bankruptcy including individual voluntary arrangements, known as IVA’s.
- We can advise you on whether it is appropriate to take steps to make yourself bankrupt.
- We can assist you in defending or resisting a bankruptcy petition that has been presented against you by one of your creditors.
- We can assist you if you wish to overturn your bankruptcy through either an annulment or a rescission application.
- We can help you explore the feasibility of putting a proposal for an individual voluntary arrangement to your creditors to avoid bankruptcy or as a means of exiting your bankruptcy - read our guide "Is an IVA right for me?"
- We can guide you and your family through the entire bankruptcy process.
- We can advise and assist your family members regarding protecting their interest in your assets or purchasing your interest in your assets from a trustee in bankruptcy, such as your family home.
- We can advise you on your position and the implications for you if you become the subject of a Bankruptcy Restriction Order (BRO), an Income Payments Order (IPO) or if your discharge from bankruptcy is suspended. We can also assist you in resisting or defending any application issued against you seeking a BRO, an IPO or suspension of your discharge as well as assisting you in bringing an application to Court to have any previous BRO, IPO or suspension of your discharge varied or removed.
To make an appointment to discuss any of the above issues in person or by telephone please contact the solicitor responsible for this department, namely:
Name of solicitor: Jason Byrne
Telephone: 028 90 243658
Alternatively you may wish to submit a query to this solicitor directly by email by clicking the following link: Jason.email@example.com
Jason has also recently published an article in the Business Section of the Belfast Telegraph titled "What Will Bankruptcy Mean For Me ?" which may answer a lot of questions you have. And we have written another article entitled "Personal Bankruptcy, some Frequently Asked Questions" which may also help. These articles are available to read in our news section.